Map Exploration Product Engineer
Viewing, exploring, and filtering geographic content inside maps and scenes is a key process for gaining insights into our world. We’re looking for someone passionate about interactive exploration of GIS data and how it can help our users gather knowledge and understanding of their content.
As part of the Map Exploration Team, you’ll help design, test, maintain, and document the many tools and capabilities that allow users to filter and explore their GIS data. This includes 2D/3D navigation, tables, time, ranges, definition queries, popups, and even authoring fly-through animation videos, as well as linking multiple views together to work as a single unit. You’ll be actively involved in ensuring both the quality and functionality of the software to support realistic workflows and scenarios.
- Work with users and industry experts to identify primary use-cases and workflows
- Contribute to the design and usability of data exploration tools
- Develop and implement test cases and validate bug fixes
- Troubleshoot production issues in current and past software versions
- Work with other teams to expose data exploration capabilities across the ArcGIS platform, including online, runtime, and mobile platforms
- Share and distribute your workflows and projects in samples, tutorials, blog articles, videos, and help documentation
- Deep knowledge and expertise with current and previous releases of ArcGIS Desktop
- Experience testing and validating software capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Esri’s ArcGIS platform and online services
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, geography, computer science, statistics, or a related field, depending on position level
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience exploring GIS content in 2D and 3D views
- Experience working with temporal data
- Knowledge of UI/UX design techniques
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top