Localization Development Engineer
Are you eager to advance software that is used by hundreds of thousands of organizations around the world in over 20 languages? Bring your experience to our localization team and build tools and scripts to continue to refine workflows and manage/maintain the TMS. This is a challenging opportunity to work closely with others in ArcGIS Product Development as well as other teams to drive and implement localization best practices. Our mission is to deliver localized high impact customer-facing assets that continue to accelerate the global use of ArcGIS.
- Analyze localizable files against TMs (Translation Memories)
- Prepare localization handoff files and commence hand back acceptance check along with other post-delivery processes on delivered files
- Administer and manage TMs in server-client environment
- Create utility tools to facilitate localization production
- Customize localization workflows and integrate localization tools with different source repositories
- Perform bug fixing/troubleshooting for localization
- Assist with publishing localized files via CMS for documentation and web components
- Assist the team with engineering best practices in localization production
- Two or more years of experience in localization engineering and documentation production process
- Experience with localization tools and/or script development
- Solid understanding of XML/HTML
- Experience using CAT tools
- Experience with TM management as well as CMS and DITA schema
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, information systems, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Demonstrated knowledge of the localization process and lifecycle
- Detail-oriented and technically solid
- Passion for global solutions, international customers, and teamwork
- Understanding of locales, encodings, code pages, fonts, scripts, input methods, and character sets
- Experience with localization workflow customization and implementation
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top