Linux Systems Test Engineer
Are you interested in leveraging your Linux system administration expertise to contribute to the design, development, and delivery of the next generation of ArcGIS Enterprise software on Linux? We are looking for motivated and self-directed individuals to join our development team dedicated to ensuring customer success by designing, building, certifying, documenting, and supporting the cutting-edge enterprise solutions for ArcGIS.
- Define and develop methods to enhance product quality
- Test ArcGIS Enterprise workflows on Linux using a strong understanding of how the software is designed and how customers use the software
- Communicate how customers can be successful with ArcGIS Enterprise on Linux through documentation, videos, and presentations
- Collaborate with developers and other product engineers on important projects for ArcGIS Enterprise customers
- Support and gather requirements from customers, evaluating and planning new features for future releases
- Design the user experience so that customers will be successful using the software in Linux
- Stay on top of emerging trends in the enterprise software space in areas such as containerization, cloud, and automation
- 1-2+ years of experience with system administration and shell scripting in Linux
- 3+ years of experience working in enterprise IT technology (examples: web servers, containers, automation)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Bachelor's or master's in computer information systems, computer science, engineering, or other technical field
- Experience administering ArcGIS Enterprise in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of automation technology such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
- Knowledge of container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, or Mesosphere
- Knowledge of cloud technology such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top