Jr Product Engineer - Press/ Learn ArcGIS
Esri Press is the industry standard for delivering quality geospatial learning content. We are currently publishing 30+ books a year. As a quality assurance and quality control tester on the team, you'll help deliver science textbooks in print, e-book, and web format to a global audience. You will be responsible for all aspects of testing and will work directly with authors and internal teams to fix issues, report bugs, and ensure best practices are used within each book.
This position offers a great opportunity to work with authors on books ranging from university-level textbooks and tutorials to academic conceptual texts to books for professional users of our software.
- Test new manuscripts and ancillary content, such as quizzes, tests, exercises, maps, and data
- Test printed books and e-books, both before publication date and afterwards, in response to software changes
- Manage the Esri Press org in ArcGIS Online, including structure and content (maps, data, and story maps)
- Track all testing results and provide regular reports to leadership
- Work effectively with team members as well as development teams, product marketing, and product management to communicate issues and bugs and to determine alternate approaches, workarounds, and best practices
- Keep up-to-date on software development plans, technologies, and release schedules
- Create and execute test plans based on software release cycles and look for ways to improve testing efficiency and introduce automation
- Recommend new book editions and associated changes needed, based on software development plans
- 1-3 years of experience with Esri products, including ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise, and Python
- Experience troubleshooting software problems or other technical issues
- A detail-oriented individual who would get career satisfaction from testing and assuring high-quality books are available to users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and ability to work and learn independently
- Bachelor’s in GIS, geography, or related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top