Java Software Engineer
Join our team of exceptional software developers where you’ll design and build next-gen ArcGIS Enterprise software for enterprise and cloud for millions of users worldwide. We are looking for professionals in a number of specific areas such as Amazon and Azure cloud services, Java EE, RESTful web services, and new and upcoming middleware and server-side technologies.
- Build server-side Java components that power UX and scriptable administration of ArcGIS Enterprise
- Architect solutions working as an expert Java programmer, writing scalable, reusable, and maintainable code
- Design and build REST interfaces for administration of ArcGIS Enterprise
- Design and build server-side components that seamlessly run on-premises and on cloud platforms
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur
- Work collaboratively with other teams to understand requirements and incorporate them into the software
- 3 or more years of experience developing middleware software components using core Java, Servlets, JSP, EJBs
- Good understanding of cloud computing platforms and services such as Amazon S3, SQS, EC2 and Azure services such as Blob Service, Table Service, etc.
- Good understanding of Java design patterns
- Knowledge of relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or DB2
- Experience developing code in a popular Java IDE, i.e. Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA
- Fundamental understanding of web services including SOAP and REST
- Knowledge of working with a source control system, preferably Borland StarTeam and GIT
- Bachelor's, master’s, or Ph.D. in math, computer science, physics, or related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with JSON and XML
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Java build systems, i.e. Maven and ANT
- Experience with HTTP monitoring tools and JDK debugging tools
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top