IT Service Desk Manager
Oversee Service Desk and Computer Support staff to provide exception technical assistance across our global enterprise. You will manage, track, and coordinate all aspects of IT service desk, computer hardware, and desktop software support. You will also be responsible for planning, designing, and implementing organizational improvements for this key team.
This is a hands-on technical management role that is action- and solution-oriented with an emphasis on collaboration across the organization to ensure IT is enabling Esri to meet its business goals. You will manage and develop a staff of 30+ technicians to provide consistently high levels of customer service.
- Manage, train, and motivate your team
- Provide technical leadership for the team supporting computer hardware, desktop software, mobile devices, access permissions, and other IT-related issues
- Oversee the acquisition, deployment, and support of all computer hardware, desktop software, and mobile devices across the enterprise
- Manage day-to-day activities, ensuring focus on great customer service and timely technical solutions
- Ensure that proper operational processes are in place, followed, and updated as needed
- Create and manage escalation procedures and ensure that customers are kept informed
- Oversee hardware and software asset tracking and management plans
- Analyze services the team provides and identify opportunities for improvements and advancements based on industry trends
- Work with other IT teams to identify and resolve complex technical problems
- Provide team leadership and strong management of staff, including evaluation and performance feedback
- Define and communicate IT service desk support strategies and resource requirements to senior management
- 5+ years of experience in a technical management position, preferably in an IT service desk environment
- Strong leadership, communication, and team building skills
- Current knowledge of industry trends and practices
- Strong technical knowledge supported by previous work in IT
- Demonstrated strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Proven self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s in information systems, computer science, or related discipline
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top