IT Enterprise Architecture & Services Manager
Play a strategic role in shaping the long-term direction of our Information Systems and Technology (IST) organization and its alignment with Esri business objectives, and in delivering on the commitments IST makes to its business colleagues. Services provided by our Enterprise Architecture & Services team include business, solution, and technology architecture; incoming demand management and project onboarding; cross-division program management; annual financial planning and tracking; vendor management; and quality assurance and release management,
Our ideal candidate is a businessperson who can articulate a vision and strategy, a technologist who can help guide technical direction and tradeoffs for implementation teams, and a delivery leader who can coordinate cross-functional efforts across the company. You have credibility through your experience, the ability to build working relationships at all levels, and willingness to jump in wherever necessary to make our projects successful.
- Align IST with business objectives by
- Deeply understanding Esri product development and go-to-market strategies and timelines and ensuring that IST strategies are well aligned to support these business objectives
- Driving demand management and project onboarding through a continual planning methodology
- Ensuring effective two-way communications with key stakeholders across the company
- Deliver business value by
- Coordinating digital transformation efforts across our company
- Managing vendors across IST in partnership with other IST leaders and our purchasing department
- Aiding in our evolution toward a “DevSecOps” delivery model
- Assessing internal colleague satisfaction (sentiment or net promoter model)
- Assessing business impact of IST services on individuals and cost centers
- Tracking IST budgeting and spending with a “show back” cost model for business colleagues
- Establish long-term technical direction by
- Providing technical leadership on infrastructure, application platform, and integration models
- Leading the enterprise architecture team to align technology direction and standards to capability, efficiency, and security objectives
- Connecting with thought leaders in Software Development and Professional Services on future technology trends and needs for their businesses
- 10+ years of experience in IT or software development
- Experience with formal EA frameworks and demonstrated ability to move from the theoretical to the practical
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative, team-based approach
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field (master's or MBA preferred)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top