Instructor Team Lead
Leverage your team building and management experience to lead a team of instructors, who use their teaching skills and GIS knowledge to help our customers be successful with our innovative software. Esri instructors provide a rich learning environment through hands-on training, instructional delivery, and facilitated activities.
- Provide guidance and support to instructors by setting objectives, monitoring and appraising staff performance, coaching and providing staff development, and managing instructor schedules and projects
- Ensure facilitation and teaching standards are met and workload is balanced for each instructor
- Develop and foster a creative and collaborative team environment
- Manage and provide instructor resources for classes, ramping needs, course development
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with customers, colleagues, other Esri teams, and management
- Participate in and/or lead projects or initiatives related to the Instructor Team
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of 8+ exempt-level professionals
- Proven experience with performance management, staff development, coaching, team building, and emotional intelligence
- Experience in fast paced, customer driven environment
- Excellent organizational, time management, detail oriented, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt and manage change within a team
- Effective, clear, timely, and transparent written and verbal communication skills that build trust
- Superior initiative and the ability to work independently as well as contribute in a team environment
- Bachelor’s in geosciences, adult education, people management, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in training environment
- Understanding of GIS and knowledge of Esri software
- Remote management experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top