Instructor - GIS
Use your teaching skills and GIS knowledge to help our customers be successful with our innovative software. Esri instructors provide a rich learning environment through hands-on training, instructional delivery, and facilitated activities.
- Teach Esri software courses in a traditional or online instructor-led classroom to help customers stay on the leading edge of GIS technology
- Acquire the latest professional certifications for classroom facilitation and Esri technology
- Contribute to the development of course materials and other educational tools by authoring content, providing technical expertise, and sharing feedback
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with the content development, delivery support, and training sales teams
- Participate in interdepartmental projects, conferences, and interest group meetings to bolster the training we offer
- 2+ years of hands-on experience using ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro
- 1+ years of instructional delivery and classroom facilitation experience
- Desire to learn and expand technical knowledge in both GIS and related technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a in fast-paced and adaptive client training environment
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 30% of the time, with optional international travel
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, GIS, computer science, physical science, engineering, information science, or related field, depending on position level
- Professional GIS industry related experience
- Experience with web-based meeting tools
- Completion of an Esri technical certification and CompTIA CTT+ Certification
- Demonstrated technical writing ability
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Marcella C.Director, Digital Sales
Marcella helps customers understand Esri technology and how it can help them solve their problems. She ensures they choose the right mix of software, services, and training for their specific needs.
Back to top