Install Product Engineer
Creating great applications is one thing, but getting them installed, tested, and working perfectly for customers is quite another. It requires the mind of a detective, determination, and a willingness to get your hands dirty. Bring your knowledge of scripting languages–-especially PowerShell, Batch, and Python–-and a thorough understanding of Windows, and we’ll have you writing custom code and tackling all the challenges you could want. You’ll be interfacing with developers, tech support, and product managers to test and install applications on a variety of platforms, from servers to mobile, as part of a team that rewards effort with opportunity.
- Assist in the design, creation, and maintenance of setup programs
- Research installer technology and advancements in the setup industry
- Collaborate with key users and the technical support team on installation issues
- Work on quality assurance testing strategies for setup programs
- Design, develop, and implement setup QA testing automation harness
- Use GUI testing tools to automate install QA workflows
- Perform reviews of automation code
- Research and implement QA tools that support faster delivery with high quality
- Experience with large environment application installation deployments
- InstallShield or Wix setup authoring experience
- Experience with and working knowledge of PowerShell, Batch, and Python
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Ability to work with and troubleshoot application installation issues
- Ability to create and run jobs with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and FinalBuilder
- Ability to create reporting dashboard to display current/archived QA results and shipping readiness
- Ability to create/maintain VMware ECS virtual machine lab
- Ability to mentor and direct other testers in automation
- All the other important things that will help you be successful at Esri: innovative, strong communication skills, a team player who can also fly solo, and the ability to thrive in an environment that changes often
- Bachelor’s or master’s in CIS, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top