Insights Product Engineer - Subject Matter Expert
This is an exciting opportunity to help advance the capabilities of Insights for ArcGIS, which is used to explore spatial analytical problems. You will use your talent, expertise, and passion for problem solving to support the development of software for data analysts and scientists and pushing the envelope of analytical capabilities provided by ArcGIS. You’ll contribute to designing, building, and testing cutting-edge analytical software.
- Work at the intersection of research in spatial and statistical analysis to assist in the development of user friendly software that leverages complex algorithms
- Be able to implement algorithms and pseudo-code into high-quality performance tools and application components
- Ensure a rich application user experience by testing individual functionality, user interfaces, and workflows
- Convert real-world problems and questions into workflows and processes that can be implemented using ArcGIS
- Contribute to the development of technical documents and learning materials
- Able to understand and effectively apply statistical models and methods to real-world problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly in the spatial realm
- Demonstrable programming or scripting experience (e.g., R and Python)
- A self-driven and quality-focused mindset
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD in statistics, data science, computer science, engineering, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Knowledge and passion for data handling, exploration, and spatial analysis
- Experience with solving real-world problems in industry or an academic setting
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top