Industry Marketing Manager – Transportation
Utilize your expertise in marketing and in-depth industry knowledge to advocate how companies leverage geospatial information and technology to achieve their business goals. As a member of the transportation industry team, you will work collaboratively with sales and marketing professionals to promote the broad use of the Esri ArcGIS platform within an organization. Working together with your sector team, you will be responsible for creating and executing against a marketing strategy for the public transit and rail market.
- Create, establish, and execute an effective overall industry marketing strategy, plan, and associated initiatives, including specific measures of success
- Work with key stakeholders across Esri to ensure a unified marketing message
- Research, develop, and execute industry business plans including market sizing, addressable market opportunity, win/loss analysis, customer requirements, competitive positioning, and other important market insights
- Collaborate with product management to represent Esri capabilities and market requirements
- Work with business development sector lead and managers to develop and execute annual and quarterly go-to-market plans for each industry including awareness, demand generation, sales enablement, partner collaboration, trade associations, and industry analyst engagement
- Aggressively position and market Esri as the leading enterprise software solution provider for each key industry
- Provide direction and/or drive the creation of industry- and function-specific content including web, collateral, white papers, customer presentations, customer case studies, and ROI models
- Support social media strategy through value-added industry/functional content creation and by communicating with leading industry social media proponents and other influencers
- 7+ years of direct experience in the transportation industry with a solid understanding of the issues, challenges, work flows, and opportunities for improvement
- 5+ years of proven leadership experience with the ability to motivate, inspire, and achieve goals through a matrix team
- Bachelor’s or master’s in marketing, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience, depending on position level
- Experience working in and/or marketing to the transportation sector industries and business functions
- Experience working with technology partners and system integrators to develop and implement partner marketing plans
- Experience managing and leading a team of marketing professionals
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team globally
- An entrepreneurial drive and work ethic and attention to detail
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of a business
- Excellent presentation, white boarding, and communication skills including good listening, probing, and qualification abilities
- Aptitude for technology and ability to connect technical concepts with customer value
- Understanding of the ArcGIS platform and how it relates to the transportation sector industries
- Experience working with GIS
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Results oriented; ability to write and craft smart, attainable, realistic, time-driven goals with clear lead indicators
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top