Industry Manager – Fire
Utilize your expertise in marketing and in-depth industry knowledge to advocate how companies leverage geospatial information and technology to achieve their business goals. As a member of the Public Safety Industry Marketing team, you will work collaboratively with sales and marketing professionals to promote the broad use of Esri’s ArcGIS platform within an organization. Working together with the public safety sector team, you will be responsible for creating and executing against a marketing strategy for the market.
- Create, establish, and execute an effective overall industry marketing strategy, plan, and associated initiatives, including specific measures of success
- Work with key stakeholders across Esri to ensure a unified marketing message
- Research, develop, and execute industry business plans including market sizing, addressable market opportunity, win/loss analysis, customer requirements, competitive positioning, and other important market insights
- Collaborate with product management and related departments to represent Esri capabilities and market requirements
- Become a thought leader representing GIS capability and value to improve upon efficiency and decision making in the fire service
- Work with business development sector lead and managers to develop and execute annual and quarterly go-to-market plans for each industry including awareness, demand generation, sales enablement, partner collaboration, trade associations, and industry analyst engagement
- Aggressively position and market Esri as the leading enterprise software solution provider for the fire industry
- Provide direction and develop function-specific content including web, collateral, white papers, customer presentations, customer case studies, and ROI models
- Implement a social media and digital marketing strategy through value-added industry content creation and by communicating with leading industry social media proponents and other influencers
- 5 or more years of experience in the fire industry and/or product marketing in the enterprise software market
- Experience working with technology to understand and manage solutions to support operations
- Experience managing and leading a team of professionals in a dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team globally
- An entrepreneurial drive and work ethic and attention to detail
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of a business
- Excellent presentation, writing, whiteboarding, and communication skills including good listening, probing, and public speaking abilities
- Aptitude for technology and ability to connect technical concepts with customer value
- Bachelor’s or master’s in marketing, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience, depending on position level
- Understanding of the ArcGIS platform and how it relates to the fire industry
- Experience working with GIS
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Results oriented; ability to write and craft smart, attainable, realistic, time-driven goals with clear lead indicators
- Senior level position within a fire department or related agency
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top