Industry Manager - Emergency Management
Leverage your domain expertise to promote and champion the use of GIS in the emergency management market worldwide. This is a significant opportunity to apply advances in geospatial technology and information sharing systems to issues faced by the emergency management community worldwide.
- Develop, manage, and execute a comprehensive global marketing strategy for the emergency management domain
- Develop and execute comprehensive industry marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support the GIS user community and grow GIS in emergency management market segments
- Provide thought leadership in the emergency management community for Esri and the domain
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and market factors to capitalize on service and market opportunities
- Investigate, understand, and develop new business in areas under-served or not currently served with GIS applications
- Develop and recommend product/industry positioning, collateral generation, and pricing strategies to support sales and revenue objectives
- Work with Product Development as a customer advocate for needs of emergency management
- Work closely with the sales staff, international division regional managers, and Esri international distributors to provide domain expertise, contacts, support, and guidance for working with the emergency management community
- Collaborate with the partner group to recruit, develop, and maintain partners and partner channels to ensure the delivery of solutions to the emergency management market
- Represent and manage Esri’s presence at relevant industry conferences, trade shows, seminars, and other events domestically and internationally
- Build and maintain a strong GIS user community within the industry through printed collateral, e-newsletters, online forums, user groups, and other networking opportunities
- Advocate the use of GIS technology to related trade associations, standards organizations, and media
- A minimum of 7 years of demonstrated leadership and practical experience in the emergency management domain
- Specific and in-depth knowledge of GIS and its practical applications in the emergency management domain
- Significant proven industry knowledge including areas such as emergency response, planning, mitigation, recovery, grant management, and emergency management agency administration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills, with history of public speaking
- Self-starting, team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally
- Bachelor’s or master’s (preferred) in geography, sciences, homeland security, emergency management, business, or related field, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top