Industry Manager – Electric and Gas
Develop and oversee the execution of global go-to-market strategies to drive growth in new and existing markets in the electric and gas utility industry.
Your objective is to drive awareness and demand in target markets by positioning Esri GIS technology as uniquely suited to address existing and emerging industry challenges and opportunities. You will collaborate closely with teams in Business Development, Professional Services, Solutions, and Software Development to align to industry business objectives, create leads, and generate future demand.
- Position Esri as a leader in the rapidly evolving electric and gas utility industry
- Forecast and evaluate industry trends using a variety of data and proactively develop solutions and messages to address key business issues, drivers, and growth opportunities
- Design, manage, and execute industry marketing programs including plans, budgets, and results reporting
- Share knowledge about competition and customer requirements to enable Business Development teams to be more effective
- Work with international distributor and partner channels to support events, programs, and joint value messaging
- Develop strategic partnerships with major industry suppliers
- Drive incremental demand within key industry segments
- Develop regular cadence of content (webinars, case studies, collateral, social media programs, website, and events) that improve lead flow across priority segments
- Publish compelling customer content (videos, case studies, reference materials) that demonstrate credibility and support sales
- Support strategic sales opportunities as the subject matter expert and work with account managers to drive penetration in key accounts
- Work with channels and sales enablement team members to ensure awareness of industry marketing programs (messaging, positioning, assets, training, and sales tools)
- Keep abreast of global industry trends, issues, and the latest changes in the regulatory environment
- 7+ years of direct experience in the electric and gas industry with a solid understanding of the issues, challenges, work flows, and opportunities for improvement
- 5+ years of proven leadership experience with the ability to motivate, inspire, and achieve goals through a matrix team
- Bachelor’s or master’s in engineering, architectural design, construction management, GIS, geography, computer science, or related field
- Experience with GIS technology as uniquely suited to address existing and emerging industry challenges and opportunities
- Experience presenting to electric and gas utility executives, managers
- Experience publishing industry articles, blogs, books, or other thought leadership authorship
- Experience leading industry strategy, business development, and marketing programs including creating and managing influence plans and monitoring and reporting on results, coordinating integrated execution teams, and managing budgets
- Demonstrated success opening new market opportunities and elevating brand awareness
- Proven ability to collaborate with and influence business and technical audiences across Marketing, Product Management, Business Development, and Solutions
- Understanding of the ArcGIS platform and how it relates to the electric and gas sector industries
- Experience working with GIS
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Results oriented; ability to write and craft smart, attainable, realistic, time-driven goals with clear lead indicators
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top