Industry Manager - Agriculture
Develop and oversee the execution of global go-to-market strategies to drive growth in new and existing markets in the agriculture industry.
Your objective is to drive awareness and demand in target markets by positioning Esri technology as uniquely suited to address existing and emerging industry challenges and opportunities in the GIS space. You will collaborate closely with Business Development to align to industry business objectives and create short-term leads and future demand. You will also collaborate with Product Marketing to champion relevant industry trends for product development plans.
- Design, manage, and execute industry marketing programs including plans, budgets, and results reporting
- Develop regular cadence of content (webinars, case studies, collateral, social media programs, website, and event plans) that improve lead flow across priority industries
- Develop compelling customer evidence content (videos, case studies, reference materials) that demonstrate credibility and support sales
- Drive incremental demand within key industry segments
- Support strategic sales opportunities as the subject matter expert and work with account managers to drive penetration in key accounts
- Provide sales enablement, including development and delivery of sales training and tools
- Stay ahead of the curve with industry trends using a variety of data sources to analyze relevant business situations/trends and proactively develop messages to address key business issues, drivers, and growth opportunities
- Provide knowledge about competition and customers to enable Business Development to be more effective
- Work with international distributor and partner channels to support events, programs, and joint value messaging
- Work with channels and sales enablement team members to ensure awareness of industry marketing programs (messaging, positioning, assets, and credentials)
- 7+ years of software/technology marketing experience with a focus on persona-based demand creation targeting key industries
- 5+ years of leadership experience with the ability to motivate, inspire, and achieve goals
- Experience with GIS technology as uniquely suited to address existing and emerging industry challenges and opportunities
- Experience in agricultural industry marketing leveraging one or more of the following: ERP, CRM, managed services, application development, BI, or social collaboration/knowledge management
- Demonstrated success generating demand, opening new market opportunities, and elevating awareness and brand
- Experience in leading global marketing programs including creating and managing marketing plans and monitoring and reporting on results, coordinating integrated execution teams, and managing budgets
- Proven ability to collaborate with and influence business and technical audiences across Marketing, Product Management, Business Development, and Solutions
- Understanding of the ArcGIS platform and how it relates to the agriculture sector industries
- Experience working with GIS
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Results oriented; ability to write and craft smart, attainable, realistic, time-driven goals with clear lead indicators
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top