Industry Manager - AEC
Develop and oversee the execution of global go-to-market strategies to drive growth in new and existing markets in the Architectural, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) planning, design, build, facilities management, and environmental consulting industries. Your objective is to drive awareness and demand in target markets by positioning Esri GIS technology as uniquely suited to address existing and emerging industry challenges and opportunities. You will collaborate closely with teams in Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, Solutions, and Software Development to align with industry trends to align Esri technology with current and future demand.
- Represent Esri as the subject matter expert in AEC
- Position Esri as a thought leader in the architectural, engineering, and construction industries
- Forecast and evaluate industry trends using a variety of data; proactively develop solutions and messages to address key business issues, drivers, and growth opportunities
- Develop, manage, and execute a comprehensive global marketing strategy for the architectural, engineering, construction, and environmental domains
- Develop and execute comprehensive industry marketing plans, programs, and budgets, both short and long range, to support the GIS user community and grow the use of GIS in the AEC community
- Share knowledge about competition and customer requirements to enable Business Development teams to be more effective
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and market factors in the AEC industries to capitalize on service and market opportunities in the domain
- Investigate, understand, and develop new business in areas underserved or not currently served with GIS or CAD applications
- Develop and recommend product/industry positioning, collateral generation, and pricing strategies to support sales and revenue objectives
- Work with Product Development as a customer advocate for needs of the public works industry
- Work closely with sales staff, international division regional managers, and Esri distributors to provide domain expertise, contacts, support, and guidance for working with the public works community
- Collaborate with the business partner group to recruit, develop, and maintain partners and partner channels to ensure the delivery of solutions to the AEC sectors
- Represent and manage Esri’s presence at industry-related conferences, trade shows, seminars, and other events domestically and internationally
- Build and maintain a strong GIS user community within the AEC industries through printed collateral, e-newsletters, online forums, user groups, and other networking opportunities
- Advocate the use of GIS technology to the various public works-related trade associations, standards organizations, and media
- A minimum of 7 years of demonstrated leadership and practical experience in architectural, engineering, and construction, or related fields including management, market development, business development
- Bachelor’s or master’s in engineering, architectural design, construction management, GIS, geography, computer science, or related field
- 5+ years of proven leadership experience with the ability to motivate, inspire, and achieve goals through a matrix team
- Experience with GIS technology as uniquely suited to address existing and emerging industry challenges and opportunities
- In-depth knowledge of design, build, and facilities management issues, challenges, workflows, and opportunities for improvement using GIS and its practical applications
- Membership and leadership in industry associations and societies for 5+ years
- Experience presenting AEC initiatives to executives, managers, and influencers
- Experience publishing industry articles, blogs, books, or other thought leadership authorship
- Experience in public speaking to organizations representing the industries in AEC
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Professional license and strong background in CAD and GIS implementations, development and integration
- Understanding of the ArcGIS platform and how it relates to the architectural, engineering, and construction sector industries
- Experience working with GIS
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Results oriented; ability to write and craft smart, attainable, realistic, time-driven goals with clear lead indicators
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top