Incident Response Engineer
Are you an experienced, creative, and motivated IT professional? Join our Security Operations and Engineering team where you'll be challenged to work together as a team to protect Esri’s IT assets.
- Install, implement, configure, and operate multiple security systems and incident response tools in an extended enterprise environment
- Assist with the ongoing development and improvement of the enterprise incident response plan (IRP)
- Effectively configure and utilize security detection systems, logs, and other sources of information to identify and address security threats and events
- Assist in documenting standards, processes, and procedures for incident response, security systems, and tools as needed
- Perform incident response duties including initial detection, scoping, containment, forensic analysis, and remediation
- Stay current with security technologies and solutions and collaborates with team members to continuously improve Esri’s security posture
- Minimum of five years of hands-on experience designing, building, and operating security systems and tools
- Minimum of three years of practical experience performing incident response
- Bachelor’s in a technical field such as computer science or engineering, or equivalent work experience in systems administration, networking, information security, and incident response
- In-depth experience working with multiple operating systems such as Linux, OSX, Windows
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Packet capture and analysis and forensics experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top