Holistic Testing Product Engineer
Utilize your GIS education and industry experience to test and influence our ArcGIS platform for the next generation of Esri software. This is an exciting opportunity to work with Esri customers to test real user workflows and datasets, collect feedback, and deliver requirements to our software development teams to help build new software and plan for future releases.
- Implement and execute user workflows in a test environment on the latest software from Esri
- Perform daily testing, analysis, investigation, and identification of software problems
- Influence product design, functionality, and usability across the entire ArcGIS platform as well as focused areas
- Support Esri internal and external customers to understand their organizational workflows and industry-specific goals
- Build and grow relationships with software development teams to identify, prioritize, and ensure key issues are fixed for a release
- Participate in the release of high quality software; certify the overall quality of the system and ensure each release is ready to ship
- Attend relevant conferences and visit user sites to understand and apply user workflows into our testing environment
- Define industry-specific user requirements and apply best practices for using GIS software in various real world scenarios
- Strong background and knowledge of GIS concepts and software
- Two or more years of experience implementing, administrating, and applying GIS in various advanced customer environments
- Passion for high software quality and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with a team in a constantly challenging and evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interacting with clients and delivering presentations
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, engineering, or related field, depending on position level
- Enthusiasm and drive to learn and understand all aspects of the Esri suite of products
- Demonstrated ability to organize and work on multiple concurrent projects
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top