Graphic Book Designer - Esri Press
If you have a passion for book design and enjoy working in the print and digital world, come join Esri Press and collaborate with other creatives on a wide range of projects, including textbooks, workbooks and conceptual books. Your projects will range from traditional print (paperback and hardcover) to e-book and will include book layouts, cover design, promotional materials, and so much more. Be ready for multiple projects, team collaboration, a high-volume workload, and working with an outstanding and passionate publishing team.
- Design and lay out 100- to 500-page books
- Collaborate with team members and be responsible for managing design projects through to completion within approved branding guidelines, from initial conception, production, and announcement to organized/structured archiving of files
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Publish and maintain organization of final source files and PDFs to share for global use
- Produce layouts for printed books, e-books, and publication marketing materials
- Maintain consistency of templates and overall quality of files for print and electronic media
- Check artwork file quality, correct defects, and provide proofs
- Ensure that print production files meet pre-press and printing specifications, including trim size, bleeds, color space, font usage, link usage, file formats, layers, and four-color and black plate changes
- Ensure that digital production files meet web or platform output specifications
- Flow type into various layouts, ensuring consistency of final layout and type; manage large volumes of type corrections and type formatting
- Work with outside vendors as needed
- 2+ years of experience in page design and layout of 150-page-plus books
- Knowledge of the print process and proper file setup for print production and experience working directly with print vendors
- Fluent in current graphic design practices and print/Internet production software, specifically in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to create superior, original designs for print and Internet with a solid understanding of deliverables, and be responsible for delivery of projects on deadline
- Understanding of and experience with corporate branding, layout, color theory, and typography in both print and digital media
- Strong communication and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects with varying timelines
- Bachelor's in graphic design or related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top