Government Solutions Product Engineer
Use your passion for GIS to help build and deliver industry-specific applications, maps, and tools on Esri's cutting-edge ArcGIS platform. We are seeking GIS professionals, engineers, and computer scientists who have a passion for building and delivering great high-quality commercial software used by hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Your work will involve the development of domain-specific solution templates leveraging the power of ArcGIS.
- Provide input into product design aspects to assure our products are simple to use and provide a great experience for our customers
- Configure ArcGIS applications and tools for industry-specific uses
- Work closely with users and teams in our software development and business development divisions to define and develop solution templates and applications
- Author quality documentation and/or videos that explain the value and use of solutions
- Design and author test cases for functionality, performance, scalability, and durability; execute both manual and automated tests, analyze test results, and report results
- Continually assess product quality and release readiness
- Domain expertise from one or more state or local government service areas: permitting, assessment/taxation, planning/zoning, economic development, natural resources, information services, engineering/public works, public safety, municipal utilities, health, DOT
- Three or more years of experience in a product support, product testing, or consulting environment
- Strong problem-solving skills for understanding root cause of technical issues
- Self-motivated and have an interest in continuous learning
- A confident team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Bachelor's in GIS, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level (master’s preferred)
- Hands-on experience using and implementing GIS software such as ArcGIS
- Web application and mobile application experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top