Globalization Product Manager and Evangelist
With more than 80 distributors outside the US, Esri serves customers throughout the globe! Join our team and help raise awareness of the importance of globalization. Bringing your localization and internationalization experience, you’ll serve as the liaison with distributors to better understand their localization needs and communicate them across Esri’s development teams. You’ll advocate for G11N and help the localization team update and refine the localization strategy, communicating strategy changes to distributors.
- Serve as the liaison with Esri's distributor network to ensure their globalization needs are understood and communicated to the proper staff in Esri
- Partner with product management, division executives, and in-country senior sales management to drive globalization requirements
- Evangelize the value and importance of globalization to all divisions and international distributors with an emphasis on collaborating with our product engineering teams to ensure a consistent, internationalized family of products and services are created
- Ensure all products, apps, extensions, and web sites have a localization strategy included in their respective business plans
- Ensure localization strategy is communicated to international distributors that belong to the Centralized Localization Program
- Conduct and analyze data from surveys, web usage, and other sources to best understand where localization is having the most impact and recommend adjustments in strategy accordingly
- Provide consulting support throughout the organization with user facing content so that they can localize as effectively as possible using the existing localization product team
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in field of software localization on projects of increasing complexity and volume (prefer hands-on localization engineering and project management experience with both UI and UA)
- Experience communicating with a network of stakeholders to achieve a common globalization goal
- Bridge-building talent to coordinate people and technical resources from multiple areas of the company
- Extensive knowledge of L10N, I18N, G11N best practices
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical and senior executive level
- Bachelor's or master's in business, computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Ability to travel as needed
- Commitment to global excellence
- Basic knowledge of the ArcGIS platform or good understanding of a product suite of similar complexity
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top