GIS Specialist - Enterprise Consultant
Provide technical and creative leadership for an emerging community of location-aware organizations. You will use your insight, creativity, and technical expertise to help our customers solve complex enterprise problems and help design and implement comprehensive systems for GIS solutions. We are looking for motivated and self-directed individuals dedicated to ensuring client success by designing, building, certifying, and supporting the software used for creating enterprise solutions for ArcGIS.
With your technical expertise in database and system administration, the ArcGIS platform, and GIS application deployments, coupled with strong communication skills, you will help drive strategy among this growing community of users who are immersed in location data and incorporating it into their everyday decisions.
- Work closely with customers and partners to identify, design, and certify key GIS workflows for the ArcGIS platform
- Ensure key workflows perform satisfactorily in multi-user environments
- Communicate best practices for building and maintaining an enterprise GIS
- Define and develop methods to enhance product quality
- Provide security recommendations and best practices for Esri and associated technologies
- Gather and document requirements for future development based on client feedback
- Communicate ArcGIS technologies to technical and non-technical customers
- Minimum of two years of experience with enterprise GIS, ArcGIS Online and/or Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS for Server, and system administration
- Enterprise implementation and GIS application deployment experience
- Familiarity working with Oracle, PostgreSQL, and/or SQL Server
- Experience working with a variety of GIS-related datasets and data formats
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as a GIS expert on a highly skilled team
- Strong and persuasive communication skills
- Strategic, creative thinking, and problem solving abilities
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, GIS, computer science, engineering, or a scientific field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top