GIS Services 2020 Internships
Work with Esri software on real-world uses of GIS! You might work on projects on our database services, cartography, implementation services, client solutions, consulting services, or applications development teams.
Over the summer, interns worked with senior staff to
- Enable user success with the effective implementation and application of ArcGIS
- Support strategic projects across a range of industries including federal public safety, natural resources, utilities, and commercial
- Build test plans for specialized products such as ArcGIS Indoors
- Applications Accepted: September 1–December 31, 2019 at 5:00 pm PST
- Interviews: Students selected for phone interviews will be notified by email on a rolling basis October 2019– January 1, 2020
- Internship: 12 weeks beginning in late May or June
Note: After the December 31 application deadline, we will begin providing regular updates to all applicants on a rolling basis. Please log back into your account to view application status updates.
- We seek students who are majoring in GIS, geography, computer science, or environmental studies and are currently enrolled in a 4-year bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD program at a university in the United States; undergrads must be in junior or senior standing
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2020
- Able to complete a 12-week internship beginning in May or June 2020
- Knowledge of Esri products (ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise), GIS application development, commercial software development, GIS databases, spatial analysis, and/or cartography
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top