Product Engineer - Sharing Data and Content
Do you have an interest in improving the sharing capabilities of web GIS services? Do you have experience taking geographic information and sharing it as web maps, web services, or GIS packages? This challenging opportunity allows you to leverage your web GIS skills to develop the publishing and sharing capabilities of Esri software. As part of the core ArcGIS for Desktop team, you will work with a diverse group of engineers and developers to implement innovative geographic information sharing tools.
- Envision, design, build, release, and support desktop products
- Develop and implement automated test plans to validate software functionality and the SDK
- Collaborate with development programmers to build new functionality for current and future desktop and SDK products
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to establish and define requirements and translate them into new application functionality and APIs
- Knowledge of Esri’s ArcGIS platform and online services, or other GIS products
- Expertise in at least one of the following: C#, Java, or C++, with the ability to produce excellent code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities and tasks as needed in a fast-paced work environment
- Superior initiative and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- Three or more years of experience with Esri’s ArcGIS platform and online services, or other GIS products
- Experience with software testing
- Knowledge of or experience with web GIS APIs
- Working knowledge of desktop software development patterns and technologies, including Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and the MVVM design pattern
- Knowledge of Oracle, SQL, and/or a relational database management system
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top