GIS Production Manager - Online Content
Play a key role in content development that is the foundation for the ArcGIS platform. This is a unique opportunity to apply your technical knowledge and management experience to coordinate the activities of production teams across a variety of domains including imagery, base maps, demographics, boundaries, and elevation. In this dynamic leadership position, you’ll be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of production activities at a senior level and collaborating with core Software Development, Sales, and Marketing. Your leadership in this role will enable Esri's success in providing useful content to its customers.
- Manage the foundational content production program in a fast-paced environment and drive the production of new data and information content
- Create and manage the production goals, budget, schedule, and deliverables through the application of planning, tracking, quality assurance, change control, and risk management
- Continually review processes and make recommendations for improvement and increased automation of production activities
- Clearly communicate business objectives among production teams during all phases of work including requirements gathering and analysis, process design, implementation, and execution
- Coordinate with Esri account teams to identify, refine, and prioritize content requirements
- Reinforce a collaborative business environment across the production program and other Esri business units
- Evaluate and manage subcontractors to ensure contractual project commitments are met
- Coordinate the development and management of production work plans including tasks, resources, schedule, and budget
- Provide direction to product teams, translating senior managers and executive vision to the next generation of content
- Oversee the development and execution of a quality assurance program for all foundational content
- Minimum of seven years of leadership experience focused on managing the production of geospatial data and information products
- Ability to coordinate and oversee necessary activities in all operational support areas, such as financial management, strategic planning, contracts administration, project planning and execution, legal, employee development, industrial security, and business development
- Demonstrated aptitude with team building and leadership skills
- Experience utilizing Esri-related technology in a professional environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write reports that summarize spatial analyses and communicate findings with charts, tables, and narrative
- Bachelor’s or master’s in engineering, computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Strong understanding of the range of Esri products, from desktop to server to mobile applications, and development environments
- Experience with web-based GIS
- Ability and willingness to travel in the US and internationally
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Working knowledge of database architecture, modeling, database management, and data conversion
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top