GIS Industry Manager– Urban Planning
Develop and oversee the execution of global go-to-market strategies to drive growth in new and existing markets in the community development disciplines including regional and urban planning, economic development, environmental management, and geodesign disciplines. Your objective is to drive awareness and demand in target markets by positioning Esri GIS technology as uniquely suited to address existing and emerging industry challenges and opportunities. You will collaborate closely with teams in Business Development, Corporate Marketing, Professional Services, Solutions, and Software Development to align industry trends with Esri technology for current and future demand.
- Represent Esri as the subject matter expert in the community development disciplines such as planning, geodesign, economic development, housing redevelopment, environmental management
- Position Esri as a thought leader in the community development industry
- Forecast and evaluate industry trends using a variety of data and proactively develop solutions and messages to address key business issues, drivers, and growth opportunities
- Develop, manage, and execute a comprehensive global marketing strategy for the community development domain
- Develop and execute comprehensive industry marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support the GIS user community and grow the use of GIS in the community development industry
- Share knowledge about competition and customer requirements to enable Business Development teams to be more effective
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and market factors in the community development industry to capitalize on service and market opportunities in the domain
- Investigate, understand, and develop new business in areas undeserved or not currently served with GIS applications in the community development space
- Develop and recommend product/industry positioning, collateral generation, and pricing strategies to support sales and revenue objectives
- Work with Product Development as a customer advocate for needs of the community development industry
- Work closely with the sales staff, international division regional managers, and Esri international distributors to provide domain expertise, contacts, support, and guidance for working with the community development community
- Collaborate with the business partner group to recruit, develop, and maintain partners and partner channels to ensure the delivery of solutions to the planning and community development sector
- Represent and manage Esri’s presence at planning, geodesign, economic development, and environmental industry-related conferences, trade shows, seminars, and other events domestically and internationally
- Build and maintain a strong GIS user community within the public works industry through printed collateral, e-newsletters, online forums, user groups, and other networking opportunities
- Advocate the use of GIS technology to the various community development-related trade associations, standards organizations, and media
- 10+ years of demonstrated leadership and practical experience in a community development discipline or related field including management, market development, business development
- 5+ years of proven leadership experience with the ability to motivate, inspire, and achieve goals through a matrix team
- In-depth knowledge of development issues, challenges, workflows, and opportunities for improvement using GIS and its practical applications in the planning, environmental, or economic development domain
- Experience presenting public works initiatives to elected officials, executives, managers, and influencers
- Experience leading industry strategy, business development, and marketing programs including creating and managing influence plans and monitoring and reporting on results, coordinating integrated execution teams, and managing budgets
- Experience publishing industry articles, blogs, books, or other thought leadership authorship
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Bachelor’s or master’s in urban planning, geodesign, economic development, environmental management, business or public administration, GIS, geography, computer science, or related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top