GIS Industry Manager- Education
Esri industry solution leaders are experienced executives and recognized GIS subject matter experts with first-hand grasp of the industry structure, culture, and workflows. They have amassed networks of industry associates and influencers, are members of professional trade associations, and possess appropriate industry certifications. They have demonstrated an ability to assert thought leadership and serve as evangelists/advocates for the adoption of GIS, mapping, and location analytics in their fields.
An industry leader is an effective communicator and a skilled presenter to large audiences. As a thought leader, the education industry lead has a vision for how GIS, mapping, and location analytics can transform and modernize operations within educational institutions at all levels. They will develop and execute a strategy for growth of Esri technology in higher education, K-12 schools, and informal education worldwide.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in supervision/leadership, strategy planning, budget management, implementation and management of complex programs, and extensive experience utilizing GIS technology within the education industry.
- Develop and present a vision for higher education, K-12 schools, and informal education
- Education to maximize impact of Esri technologies while maximizing market share and sustainable revenue growth
- Be a recognized thought leader, driving new ways of thinking and technology adoption
- Collaborate with counterpart in Business Development to ensure alignment and synergies of business goals, strategies, and tactics
- Lead, mentor, and grow team of industry managers and specialists to execute plans to meet annual sales and marketing goals
- Serve as the industry expert and advocate with other departments, teams, and groups
- Develop and execute comprehensive industry marketing strategies to support business objectives
- Continuously research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and market factors to stay ahead of industry trends using a variety of data sources to analyze relevant business trends
- Proactively develop and adjust messages to address evolving key business issues, drivers, and growth opportunities; share knowledge about competition and customer requirements to enable Business Development teams to be more effective
- Develop compelling success stories that demonstrate credibility and support growing the sales pipeline
- Develop regular cadence of content (e.g., webinars, case studies, collateral, social media programs, web, and event plans) that drive awareness and demand and build community
- Develop and execute joint strategies with other industry managers to promote Esri’s capabilities for multi-industry collaboration
- Support strategic sales opportunities as a subject matter expert and work with account managers to drive penetration in key accounts
- Provide knowledge about competition to Product Development and Business Development to enable sales to be more effective
- Work with channels and sales enablement team members to ensure awareness of industry marketing programs (messaging, positioning, assets, and credentials)
- 10+ years of experience in the education field at a decision-making level
- 5+ years of GIS experience as it relates to the education industry
- 5+ years of leadership experience with the ability to motivate, inspire, and achieve goals
- Proven capability to make compelling, effective presentations to large and small audiences
- Proven and demonstrated capability to communicate in writing
- Demonstrated thought leadership and contributions to professional organizations within the civilian and sciences industry
- Proven ability to collaborate, communicate, and influence audiences across large organizations and/or multi-disciplinary audiences
- Able and willing to travel internationally
- Experience leading programs including creating and managing plans and monitoring and reporting on results, managing implementation teams, and managing budgets
- PhD in a discipline related to GIS, such as computer science, geographic information science, library and information science, or geosciences
- Research-level knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Results oriented; ability to write and craft smart, attainable, realistic, time-driven goals with clear lead indicators
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top