Geostatistical Analysis Product Engineer
Would you like to work on a team of geostatistical experts to build usable and impactful geostatistical capabilities inside of the worldwide leader in geographic analysis? Do you dream of seeing your ideas and visions implemented into a software that will be used by thousands of people in large industries, governments, and non-profit organizations?
This is an exciting opportunity to help advance the capabilities of the powerful ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst extension used to solve cutting-edge geophysical problems. You will use your talent, expertise, and passion for problem solving to fulfill the needs of the Esri user community by pushing forward the geostatistical analytical capabilities provided by ArcGIS.
- Establish and define customer requirements, translating them into functional requirements, product improvements, and new software design
- Ensure a rich user experience by testing individual functionality, user interfaces, and statistical methodology
- Design and develop test plans and test cases, write test code, and execute and analyze tests to support and enhance overall product quality
- Author technical documents, write blogs, and create various learning materials for GIS users
- Help define the product vision and roadmap for future releases
- Strong background in statistical theory and application
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with an ability to explain complex statistical concepts to people that do not have an extensive background in statistics
- Proven ability to work in a team as well as alone
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to complete tasks quickly and with minimal guidance
- Master's or PhD in statistics, geoscience, or related fields
- 2+ years of experience with R and Python (special consideration for experience in NumPy, SciPy, matplotlib, and geostatistical R packages)
- Working experience in geostatistics, spatial statistics, or other statistical fields involving autocorrelated datasets
- Experience with ArcGIS or other GIS software
- Experience with solving real-world problems in industry or in an academic setting
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top