The ArcGIS platform is a series of capabilities that bring together maps, apps, data, and people to make smarter decisions and enable innovation.
Esri’s Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation and implementation of the ArcGIS platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: 1) enable user success, 2) broaden the impact of GIS, and 3) push our platform to make our technology better.
Individuals performing this role will use their knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS) technology to configure solutions, implement workflows, create and provision data content, broaden the effect of GIS technology and make our clients successful.
Enable users to be successful
- Evaluate and translate a customer’s business goals, objectives, and strategies into geospatially enabled solutions that impact real-world decisions
- Work closely with customers to identify, design and implement GIS workflows for the ArcGIS Enterprise
- Communicate ArcGIS Enterprise technologies to technical and non-technical customers
Broaden the impact of GIS
- Understand, create, and explain new data products created by spatial analysis to make data relevant and meaningful
- Craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical challenges and mission requirements faced by our customers
- Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations
- Collaborate internally to help customer organizations align their technical objectives and business goals with Esri’s technology platform
- Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem solving to support our client’s missions
- Prepare and present high-quality business and technically-related documentation to push the boundaries of current mapping technology for some of the largest organizations in the world
- 2+ years of experience using GIS-related technology
- Experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Strong, persuasive communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Ability and willingness to travel in support of our client engagements
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field
- US Citizenship
- Experience working with organizations leveraging GIS technology
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues related to Esri applications
- Some programming and scripting experience with Python
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise web applications
- Industry experience (e.g., local government, utilities, commercial, transportation, energy)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top