The ArcGIS platform is a series of capabilities that bring together maps, apps, data, and people to make smarter decisions and enable innovation.
Esri’s Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: 1) enable user success, 2) broaden the impact of GIS, and 3) push our platform to make our technology better.
In this role, you will use your knowledge of database design and development to support Esri customers in the conception, construction, and implementation of GIS databases, applications, and production systems.
- Assist in the design and development of data automation, data migration, and database development projects in a variety of domain-specific fields and international business environments
- Perform basic and advanced processing tasks using ArcGIS and other Esri products and extensions
- Build databases from imagery and cartographic/digital sources; support the development of GIS database designs
- Review, interpret, and utilize established production processes
- Perform map production tasks
- Write geoprocessing Python and SQL scripts
- Coordinate workflow with project/technical managers
- Demonstrated experience with Bentley Microstation and/or AutoCAD and data migration to geodatabases
- Proficiency with the Esri product line, including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and related desktop extensions
- Experience with automated cartography, computer science, programming, and spatial analysis
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s in geography, GIS, cartography, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- 2+ years of professional experience using and/or customizing GIS-related technology in a professional setting
- Experience with data conversion/migration
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top