Geoprocessing Software Developer - Server Technologies
Have you mastered a multitude of software and web development technologies? Do you have a soft spot for Python? In this role, you will work closely with a talented team of dynamic and passionate engineers across diverse technologies. You will design and implement the geoprocessing and analysis component of our Web GIS stack, comprising ArcGIS Enterprise and Portal for ArcGIS, that is collectively used by thousands of users across the globe.
- Innovate, design, and develop geoprocessing tools and workflows that are deployed on the ArcGIS cloud platform
- Implement new strategies for deploying and consuming geoprocessing tools for online users
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur in the software
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Stay current with complementary programming languages, development methodologies, and data analysis techniques
- Two or more years of Python programming in an industry environment
- One or more years experience using REST and web service endpoints
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with software developers, product engineers, and documentation writers to build quality software in a constantly evolving agile environment
- Bachelor's or master’s in math, computer science, physics, or related field, depending on position level
- One or more years of C/C++ programming
- GIS software experience and knowledge of geographic data analysis
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top