Geoprocessing Product Engineer
Utilize your GIS education and experience to design and engineer the geoprocessing and spatial analysis functionality for the next generation of ArcGIS software. This is an exciting opportunity to work with development programmers on software project teams to help build new software and plan for future releases.
- Design, test, release, and support ArcGIS software for geoprocessing and analysis to enhance overall product quality
- Define user requirements and apply best practices for using GIS software in various real-world scenarios
- Create and execute high quality test plans
- Participate in the design of new functionality for future releases
- Develop and document software tools and GIS methods
- Identify workflow enhancements
- Evangelize spatial analysis to our software user community through various venues such as user documentation, educational materials, and resource center content
- One year of Python programming experience
- Minimum of six months of specific training with an ArcGIS product
- Experience and understanding of applying GIS to solving real-world problems
- Ability to think critically about new functionality and user requirements
- Be detail oriented and a self-starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, geography, or related field, depending on position level
- A high level of understanding of ArcGIS products
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top