Do you love building things? How does building the next generation of cutting-edge geosearch and geocoding technology sound? As a geocoding developer at Esri, you’ll leverage your creativity and coding ability to build tools that help organizations locate more addresses and places and put their data on the map. Geosearch and geocoding are cornerstones of Esri software products. You’ll work alongside product engineers, developers, and users to build geoprocessing tools that integrate with the ArcGIS platform.
- Design and implement geocoding and reverse geocoding tools and workflows
- Build tools for deploying geocoding to online and mobile devices
- Implement strategies for geocoding massive tables (big data)
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur in the software
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- One or more years of C/C++ programming
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with software developers, product engineers, and documentation writers to build quality software in a constantly evolving agile environment
- Bachelor's, master’s, or Ph.D. in math, computer science, physics, or related field, depending on position level
- One or more years of Python programming
- Experience with integration of web services
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum
- Experience with writing testable software
- GIS experience and knowledge of street addressing domain
- Knowledge of Esri products or similar GIS or spatial software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top