Geodatabase Enterprise Configuration Engineer
The ArcGIS platform is a series of capabilities that bring together maps, apps, data, and people to make smarter decisions and enable innovation.
Esri’s Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: enable user success, broaden the impact of GIS, and push our platform to make our technology better.
You will work closely with clients to establish solutions to make them successful, broaden the effect of GIS technology to their business, and help shape the evolution of the platform by identifying new implementation patterns.
Enable users to be successful
- Work closely with customers and partners to identify, design, and certify key GIS workflows for the ArcGIS platform
- Provide platform configuration guidance and best practices to customers
- Understand how Esri’s technology integrates/interfaces with customers' solutions vision
- Communicate ArcGIS technologies to technical and non-technical customers
- Be able to understand, create, and explain new data products created by spatial analysis
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical business challenges faced by customers
- Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations
- Review, propose, test, and implement changes involving Python and SQL scripts and custom programs to the ArcGIS product implementation
- Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem solving
- Push the boundaries of current mapping technology for some of the largest organizations in the world
Optimize performance and organization
- Collaborate internally to help customer organizations align their technical objectives and business goals with Esri’s technology platform
- Prepare and present high-quality business and technically-related documentation
- Communicate best practices for building and maintaining enterprise geodatabases
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, enterprise, and online)
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise geodatabase administration and maintenance involving RDBMS in server environments like Windows, Linux, Unix, etc.
- Experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, and their associated COTS solutions
- Programming and scripting experience with Python and SQL
- Professional excellence with technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing and deployment
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented architecture and cloud/virtual environment configurations
- Strong, persuasive communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field
- 2+ years of professional experience administrating and/or customizing GIS-related technology in a professional setting involving Python and SQL
- Exposure to performance assessment and tuning techniques
- Knowledge of GIS integration with other enterprise systems (e.g., ERP, EAM, CRM, SCM)
- Energy or utility industry experience ideal
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top