At Esri, our Business Development general managers provide executive leadership to highly-skilled teams that collaborate with distributors to co-sell and promote the adoption of the ArcGIS platform. We invite you to use your proven sales and management success to leverage geographic technology in the European region. We’re looking for individuals who inspire and motivate others and who will own, cultivate, and grow the GIS ecosystem within Europe. You will work closely with Esri’s distributor network to help customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and understanding hidden within complex business problems. When you are not traveling throughout Europe, you will be based in Esri’s Rotterdam office.
- Be a strategic leader. Act as the key representative for Esri in the European region. Develop a business development and sales strategy that employs direct and channel approaches to significantly expand the use of Esri technology in Europe. Manage the day-to-day activities of the European office and staff. Be recognized as a regional thought leader in the geospatial industry.
- Empower your team. Direct sales activities and staff through effective coaching, supporting, and strategically participating in all stages of the sales process. Staff the office to strategically support regional demands and opportunities. Maintain Esri culture, business ethics, and work standards for office staff.
- Drive opportunities. Collaborate with staff, distributors, and the European sales team to create an opportunity development plan that provides clear direction for all software and services to customers or prospects. Form a collaborative virtual team of staff, distributors, strategic partners, and integrators to support the development and execution of sales strategies.
- Engage with vertical teams. Manage and collaborate with a series of global teams with specific industry knowledge, including utilities, government, defense, public safety, commercial, natural resources, education, and transportation, to extend our reach across departments and with executive leadership.
- Partner with distributors. Work with Esri’s distributors to demonstrate the value of our technology and solutions to customers and prospects through business case development, references, and ROI. Support distributors to increase the execution of sales activities to achieve internal business objectives. Co-develop proposals to respond to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders.
- Deliver results. Manage Esri’s agreements and deployed licenses. Ensure continued success of all Esri’s software deployments. Be familiar with Esri offerings in the European markets.
- 10+ years of experience managing and coaching a business development team
- Experience selling enterprise software solutions directly and through a channel
- Expert knowledge of the European region and international business practices
- Ability to manage the acquisition cycle including prospecting, proposing, closing, and developing large, complex accounts
- Capability to quickly learn new technology and translate it into solutions that address customer needs
- Experience leading business strategy and planning activities involving multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Master of the English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the European region with occasional travel to the US
- Knowledge of and experience using Esri products
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading organizational change initiatives across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Experience working with large multinational IT companies including Microsoft, SAP, Autodesk, IBM, and/or Cisco
- Experience working with international organizations such as the European Commission, European Agencies and umbrella organizations, UN, or World Bank
- Second language skills relevant to the market (German, French, or other European language)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Marcella C.Director, Digital Sales
Marcella helps customers understand Esri technology and how it can help them solve their problems. She ensures they choose the right mix of software, services, and training for their specific needs.
Back to top