At Esri, our Business Development general managers provide executive leadership to highly-skilled and diverse teams that collaborate with distributors and all Esri communities of practice to promote, sell, and support the ArcGIS platform; expand the market for Esri; and help our customers be successful in their missions. We invite you to use your proven sales and management success to expand geographic technology in the APAC region.
We’re looking for individuals who inspire and motivate others and who will own, cultivate, and grow the GIS ecosystem within Asia. You will work closely with Esri’s distributor network to help customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and understanding hidden within complex business problems. When you are not traveling throughout Asia Pacific, you will be based in Esri’s Singapore office.
- Be a strategic leader. Act as the key representative for Esri in the APAC region. Create and implement a business development and sales strategy that employs direct and channel approaches to significantly expand the use of our solutions in Asia. Manage the day-to-day activities of the Singapore office and staff. Be recognized as a regional thought leader in the geospatial industry.
- Empower your team. Direct sales activities and staff through effective coaching, supporting, and strategically participating in all stages of the sales process. Staff the office to strategically support regional demands and opportunities. Maintain Esri culture, business ethics, and work standards for all office staff, including staff from other departments such as Support Services and Professional Services.
- Create and drive opportunities. Collaborate with staff, distributors, and the APAC sales team to create an opportunity development plan that provides clear direction for all software and services to customers or prospects. Form a collaborative virtual team of staff, distributors, strategic partners, and integrators to support the development and execution of sales strategies.
- Engage with vertical teams. Esri supports a diverse range of industries including defense, utilities, local and national government, water, commercial, and many others. You will manage and collaborate with a series of global teams with specific industry knowledge, extending our reach across departments and with executive leadership.
- Partner with distributors. Work with Esri’s distributors to demonstrate the value of our technology and solutions to customers and prospects through business case development, references, and ROI. Support distributors to increase the execution of sales activities to achieve internal business objectives. Co-develop proposals to respond to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders.
- Deliver results. Manage Esri agreements and deployed licenses. Ensure continued success of all Esri software deployments. Be familiar with Esri offerings in the Asia markets.
- 10+ years of experience managing and coaching a distributed business development team
- Experience selling enterprise software solutions directly and through a channel
- Expert knowledge of the APAC region and/or international business
- Ability to manage the sales cycle including prospecting, proposing, closing, and developing large, complex accounts
- Capability to quickly learn new technology and translate it into solutions that address customer needs
- Experience leading business strategy and planning activities involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience managing or working with vertical or industry focused sales teams in a pre- and post-sale environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Master of the English language (verbal and written)
- Superior time and personal management skills
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the APAC region with occasional travel to the US
- Knowledge of and experience using Esri products in a variety of industries such as utilities, government, mining, or commercial organizations
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading organizational change initiatives across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Proven ability to establish and maintain long term relationships with senior executives and government officials
- Ability to confidently present on a variety of geospatial industry topics to large audiences
- Experience planning and coordinating targeted marketing and sales campaigns
- Experience working with large multinational IT companies including Microsoft, SAP, Autodesk, Huawei, and/or Alibaba
- Experience working with international organizations such as the UN, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, or ASEAN
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams on complex international opportunities and/or projects
- Second language skills relevant to market (preferably Manadarin, Japanese, or other Asian language)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top