Full-Stack Web Developer
Do you have a passion for creating interactive and user-friendly web interfaces for desktop and mobile devices? Can you work collaboratively with designers, authors, content strategists, and executives to envision and build exceptional online and offline experiences? The mission of our fast-paced team is to deliver answers, inspiration, and guidance to ArcGIS users in innovative and effective ways.
- Work closely with stakeholders to design, build, and maintain robust, interactive, performant web experiences that meet business needs
- Maintain existing site code with an eye for continuous automation and improvement
- Review and test code against modern browsers and mobile devices
- Provide support and innovation in front-end architectures, best practices, and build processes
- Manage versioning and deployment of application source code, including source control management, branching, tagging, etc.
- Stay up to date with new technologies and trends in the web development space
- Experience with jQuery, Django, Python, or PHP
- Ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses
- Proven record of using design docs, in-line comments, code reviews, and testing strategies to write and maintain high-quality code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues who have varying levels of expertise
- Able to self-motivate and maintain a passion for learning
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, IT, or relevant field, depending on position level
- Experience working within WCAG 2.0 accessibility guidelines
- Comfortable with AngularJS, NodeJS, Ruby, SQL, XML, and XSLT
- Experience with MySQL or similar RDBMS
- Familiarity with search technologies such as ElasticSearch, Lucene, and LunrJS
- Familiarity with web metric tools such as Adobe Analytics
- Experience with web and component content management systems such as Adobe Experience Manager and SDL Tridion
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top