Build rich web experiences that highlight Esri’s core GIS technologies and data offerings. Our ideal candidate will have a strong development background, a basic understanding of GIS, and a desire to learn.
- Work closely with marketing staff to collect application requirements and business needs
- Collaborate with UI/UX architects in the building of rich interactive web experiences
- Create high quality UI using HTML + CSS
- Integrate applications with other systems using APIs and REST endpoints
- Build back end services that connect to multiple database technologies
- Collaborate with other developers and teams
- Perform code reviews and team QA checks
- Communicate with stakeholders, meeting deadlines and delivering production ready code
- 3-5+ years of professional web development experience
- Knowledge of modern web development technologies such as Angular JS, React, Ember JS, ES6, and CSS3
- Experience working with server side development languages such as Node.js, PHP, ASP.Net, C#, VB, Ruby, Java, etc. (Node.js is preferred and you should have some experience in it)
- Ability to build data driven applications using relational databases, such as SQL, and non-relational databases, such as MongoDB
- Experience building mobile responsive web sites
- Ability to change gears quickly and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's in computer science, engineering, or related field
- Experience with front-end build systems such as Grunt, Gulp, and WebPack
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors such as SASS, LESS, and Stylus
- Ability to use GIT to manage source code, including familiarity with branching and merging
- Strong debugging and refactoring skills and the ability to work on legacy code
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or other image editing software
- Experience working with container systems such as Docker
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top