Front-End Web Developer - ArcGIS 3D Scene Viewer
- Zurich, Switzerland
Are you passionate about creating good user experiences on the web? So are we! In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making 3D GIS accessible and powerful for both consumers and experts, across all platforms and devices. We are dedicated to keep pushing the boundaries of 3D GIS, and you can play a key role in our mission.
- Contribute to the design and development of ArcGIS Scene Viewer, Esri's front-line 3D web application, thereby defining a seminal Esri user experience for exploring and editing 3D content in the browser
- Interact with users to identify and articulate their needs
- Research and push the state of the art of UX practices
- 2+ years of industry experience in software development including hands-on product design, team programming, and experience building and shipping software products
- Strong passion for detailed, innovative, and empathic design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Existing work authorization for Switzerland
- Bachelor's in computer science, computer engineering, cartography, architecture, or a related field (master's or PhD preferred)
- Experience with TypeScript and other modern web technologies
- Hands-on experience with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, XD, etc.
- Experience with Agile software development methods (Scrum, etc.)
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or GIS in general, with an emphasis in map design/cartography
- Good spatial sense and an intuition for the aesthetics and technical aspects of information visualization
- Knowledge of 3D tools such as CityEngine, Maya, Unity, Blender, etc.
Our Zurich team enjoys:
- Free lunches and fresh fruit
- Free coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Fun team activities
- Competitive salary
- 40-hour work week
- Flexible working hours
- Dynamic, fast-growing international team
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top