Front End Developer- Team Lead
Bring us your passion for building interactive and user friendly web interfaces for desktop and mobile devices to power Esri’s websites and external applications. Our web development team creates the interfaces and web applications that allow millions of visitors each month to discover and use the power of Esri technology.
In this leadership role, you will own managing and leading front-end development and will be charged with developing cutting-edge user experiences across a multitude of platforms and form factors (i.e., multiple languages). You will work collaboratively with design managers, web development managers, SEO, IT, and executives, leading the front-end vision of Esri’s websites and front-end framework through the entire lifecycle.
- Continue to build and manage the front-end team focused on working closely with design and business to bring exciting new web experiences that show business results
- Oversee the management and vision of the Esri front-end framework and make the necessary adjustments and feature additions to stay up to date with latest coding practices
- Lead the team in front-end architectures, best practices, and build processes
- Manage versioning and deployment of application source code, including source control management, branching, tagging, etc.
- Assist in troubleshooting difficult technical issues
- Maintain existing site code with an eye for continuous automation and improvement
- Five or more years of web development experience with multiple release cycles
- Minimum of three years experience with team lead or manager responsibilities
- Bachelor’s preferably in computer science or a similar field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Adobe Experience Manager/CQ
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top