Financial Analyst - Business
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) for Business function is responsible for the business relationships across Esri to help those business units achieve their objectives and improve the overall organization. Activities include performance measurements against their plans, providing and presenting informational reporting pertinent to their business, providing for comparability of that information as necessary, modeling for cost-benefit purposes in support of new initiatives, and acting as a liaison between the business and other areas of the organization as necessary. This function is also expected to help identify areas for improvement and insights by working closely with their assigned area to understand their operations and processes of the business.
- Prepare and present various management reports that are specific to business unit needs
- Assist the business in formulating plans for their operations and provide information measuring performance against those plans
- Learn and understand how the respective business unit runs and operates
- Identify, promote, and support improvements and insights to the business leaders to improve performance
- Prepare various models for cost-benefit, ROI, ROA, bidding and pricing efforts, etc.
- Support benchmarking initiatives as they relate to the line of business being supported
- Successfully keep both Finance Management and Business Management informed timely, accurately, and succinctly
- Stay current in reporting, analytical, and business system technology
- 1-2 years of experience in related duties described in this description
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Graduate degree in accounting, finance, or related concentration
- Experience working with SAP or other ERP information
- Experience working with analytical reporting tools
- Familiar with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with budgeting and planning methodologies and tools
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top