Field Operations Apps Product Manager
ArcGIS field operations apps help our customers efficiently plan, coordinate, and execute field work using location-based intelligence. As product manager, you’ll have the opportunity to work on mobile and web-based apps that help users understand the work they need to do for the day, perform high-precision data collection activities, and communicate their location back to the office in real-time.
Working with UI/UX designers, development, engineering, sales, and marketing, you’ll help build and launch the product our customers love. By bridging design, technology, and business, you will help drive product execution from ideation to launch.
- Engage with strategic customers and partners to gather requirements, prioritize needs, and understand business workflows
- Work closely with UI/UX teams to create and iterate on design prototypes and validate them with users
- Work regularly with development and engineering to lead release planning, track release status, and continuously validate its alignment with user needs
- Create and manage product resources including blogs, presentations, whitepapers, videos, and demos to help users and internal teams be up to date with product releases
- Translate user requirements to develop, manage, and communicate product go-to-market plan and work with marketing, sales, and global distributors to execute
- Communicate product updates and vision to sales, marketing, and distributors to enable them to grow product sales and adoption
- Define, track, and analyze key product usage, adoption, and performance metrics to provide strategic recommendations
- Develop and document user personas, user scenarios, and use cases
- Work with contracts and legal team to establish necessary end user and third-party agreements
- Support trade shows and Esri conferences as needed
- 2+ years of experience in product management, product ownership, or product planning with strong focus on building customer-focused software products
- Experience working with UI/UX design teams
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical and senior executive level
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Ability to travel on occasion to customer sites
- Bachelor’s or master’s in a technical field, e.g. computer science, engineering, or mathematics, depending on position level
- Experience with mobile application development
- Experience with GIS, location-based services, geo-enabled apps, spatial analytics, or similar geospatial technology
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Industry experience building apps for utilities, natural resources, or government clients
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top