Export Compliance Specialist
Use your expertise in planning, organizing, drafting policies and procedures, and gathering information related to export compliance efforts in support of Esri’s export compliance program. In this position, you will recommend and assist with training and organization of export compliance information as it relates to Esri fully complying with all United States export laws and regulations. You will also support other export compliance functions and identify main areas of improvement if required.
- Support the export compliance program under the direction and supervision of the export manager by interpreting complex export laws and regulations of the the EAR, ITAR and OFAC and their applicability and impact to Esri’s products, services, and technology
- Provide export compliance training for internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct regular and periodic export compliance assessments and internal audits
- Prepare related internal and external correspondence and guidance; interact daily with employees and customers domestically and internationally
- Assist with identifying any export red flags; develop responses and recommendations to the export compliance manager and upper management
- Work with the export team on preparing and submitting commodity jurisdictions requests (CJ) and commodity classifications (CCATS) and provide self-classification for new products
- Apply for EAR, ITAR, OFAC export licenses and agreements
- Review export language for inbound and outbound agreements and contracts
- Work with cross functional teams to review export compliance requirements of company products/services
- Ensure compliance with all US government agencies relating to export compliance
- 7+ years of related EAR, ITAR, and OFAC export compliance and contracts experience
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Transactional knowledge of United States Government export control regulations including EAR, ITAR, and OFACl
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and project deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a multi-cultural work environment
- US citizen or US permanent resident to support ITAR
- Bachelor’s or higher in business administration or relevant areas of study
- Active Certified US Export Compliance Officer (CUSECO)
- Experience in the technology and software industry
- Experience with software licensing
- Experience with conducting internal export compliance investigations and audits.
- Working knowledge of SAP and Salesforce
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top