Exploratory 3D Analysis Product Engineer
Viewing, exploring, and filtering geographic content is a key process for gaining insights into our world. We’re looking for someone passionate about interactive exploration of GIS data in three dimensions who can help us design and deliver software that helps our users gather knowledge and understanding from their content.
As part of the map exploration team within the ArcGIS Pro software development team, you’ll help design, test, maintain, and document the many tools and capabilities that allow users to filter and explore their GIS data. This includes enhancements to existing capabilities for navigation and selection, interactive 3D analytics such as viewsheds and lines-of-sight, and authoring fly-through animation videos. It also includes investigation and research into future capabilities, such as animated objects and scenario simulations. You’ll be actively involved in ensuring the usability, quality, and functionality of the software in order to support realistic workflows and use cases.
We are redesigning and expanding many aspects of our data exploration capabilities in ArcGIS Pro, so now is a great time to add your skills to a diverse team of engineers and developers committed to delivering a host of innovative data exploration tools.
- Work with users and industry experts to identify primary use cases and workflows
- Contribute to the design and usability of data exploration tools
- Develop and implement test cases and validate bug fixes
- Troubleshoot production issues in current and past software versions
- Work with other teams to expose data exploration capabilities across the ArcGIS platform, including the online, runtime, and mobile platforms
- Share and distribute your workflows and projects in samples, tutorials, blog articles, videos, and help documentation
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment
- Knowledge of software development processes
- 1+ years of experience using an application development language (such as C++, Java, or C#)
- Strong analytical problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- Working knowledge of computer graphics APIs such as DirectX and OpenGL
- Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS platform technologies
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top