Use your attention to detail and prior event planning experience on our growing conference team. In this role, you will collaborate with colleagues in industry marketing and sales to coordinate more than 20 industry and regional conferences every year, in addition to the Esri User Conference.
- Serve as main point of contact for assigned conferences; organize and coordinate all aspects of conference planning
- Coordinate marketing campaigns, web pages, databases, track leader and moderator assignments, and all conference publications and e-mail blasts
- Create agenda matrix for communication with conference facility including food and beverage, audiovisual, Internet, security, and electrical requirements
- Coordinate all social and recreational activities involved with the conference
- Work with other members of the conference team on overall conference planning including registration, exhibit coordinators, staffing coordinator, and papers assistant
- Assist with site selection and contract negotiation for events including overall space needs and sleeping room blocks
- Maintain overall budget for the event
- Assume ownership of an aspect of the annual Esri User Conference
- A minimum of five years of experience working with trade shows, seminars, events, or marketing publications
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well with people and develop strong working relationships
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, and attention to detail skills
- Self motivated, self challenging
- Proficient with basic software programs such as Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to travel, if required
- Bachelor’s or master’s in marketing, business, or other related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top