Enterprise Security Engineer
Use your information security expertise in this exciting opportunity! In this hands-on role, you will work closely with security architects, operations, and business liaisons and provide technical influence contributing to security operations, implementation, automation, and governance.
- Collaborate with business and IT staff to understand strategic business, application, engineering, and operational requirements
- Validate and test complex security products and design solutions to produce detailed specifications with recommended vendor technologies
- Review the current and upcoming infrastructure stack from a security perspective and provide recommendations
- Automate security controls using scripting to the extent that it requires minimal human interaction
- Work closely with operational teams to ensure security best practices are implemented in the enterprise infrastructure
- Identify technology risks and independently evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of complex information technology controls across IT infrastructure, cloud services, networks, and security support system
- Maintain knowledge regarding industry trends, current security issues, and security technologies to update management and manage risks that could impact company business
- Perform consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organization to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements
- Perform complex product evaluations and drive secure implementation of solutions
- Develop, facilitate implement, and support self-service security and compliance tools that enable network, database, application. and other engineers in the cloud and within our on-premise infrastructure
- Develop process documentation supporting detailed project plans, architecture designs, detailed implementation plans, deployment plans, project test plans, and operational training material
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise security engineering, operations, and/or implementation
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization, and security
- Comfortable with vulnerability scanning tools such as Qualys, Nessus, Rapid 7
- Strong expertise in systems (servers, operating systems, virtualization, and storage infrastructure) and networking technologies (communication protocols, network infrastructure)
- Team oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment; a strong collaborator who is willing to share ideas, build documentation, and implement best practices
- Conceptual and analytical thinker; ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies from customers and IT team members
- Experience in using scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Experience working with infrastructure as code
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure security management utilizing best practices and tools such as AWS Guard Duty, Macie, AWS Config, Azure Security Center
- Strong understanding of defense in-depth strategies regarding physical, administrative, and technical controls
- Bachelor’s in computer science or information security
- Security industry certification (i.e., CISSP, CISA, CISM, SANS)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top