Enterprise Security Architect
Provide technical leadership to deliver enterprise security architecture, engineering, and implementation. This role is action and solution oriented with an emphasis on architecting security solutions that enable Esri to meet business goals as well as customer and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with business and IT staff to understand strategic and tactical business, application, or service requirements, then translate those into securely designed solutions
- Develop a comprehensive enterprise security architecture and implementation plan that will effectively scale and support regulatory and legal business requirements
- Perform complex IT system and product evaluations to facilitate secure solution delivery
- Validate and test complex security architecture and designs to produce detailed engineering specifications for existing and proposed technologies; in certain cases, provide detailed designs to effectively mitigate legacy technology vulnerabilities
- Provide complex technical guidance, oversight, and enforcement of security directives, policies, standards, plans, and procedures
- Develop project documentation including detailed security plans, security architecture designs, detailed security implementation and deployment plans, test plans, and security-focused operational procedures and training materials
- Assess, design, implement, and integrate enterprise security solutions including, but not limited to, next-generation firewalls, web application firewalls (WAF), intrusion prevention/detection systems (IDS/IPS), content filtering, secure log management, security information, event management (SIEM) systems, anti-malware solutions, mobile device management (MDM), cloud orchestration, and endpoint security solutions
- Identify technology risks and independently evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of complex information technology and security controls across IT infrastructure, cloud services, networks, and security systems to help manage risks that could impact the company
- Maintain knowledge of complex industry trends, current security issues, and security technologies
- Act as a liaison and evangelist to encourage strong security practices across all projects, code development, infrastructure, and operations
- Minimum of seven years of experience in enterprise security architecture including security architecture review, design, implementation, and operations experience
- Strong expertise in systems (servers, operating systems, virtualization, cloud services, and storage) and networking technologies (communication protocols, infrastructure)
- Strong leadership, project, and team building skills, including the capability to lead teams and drive projects and initiatives by working effectively with others, demonstrating the ability to work cross-departmentally
- Team oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment; a strong collaborator who shares ideas, builds documentation, and implements best practices
- Conceptual and analytical thinker; ability to extract, analyze, and document/build complex business and technical requirements/plans/strategies with customers and team members
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to design secure solutions that will meet various compliance frameworks including FISMA/FEDRAMP/NIST, ISO/IEC 27000, PCI, HIPAA, as well as global and regional privacy mandates
- Bachelor’s in computer science or information security; master’s in information security and CISSP (+ISSAP or ISSEP) preferred
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top