Emergency Management Solutions - Product Engineer
Use your domain experience and passion for GIS to lead a team responsible for building and delivering industry-specific applications, maps, and tools. Your work will involve the development of solution templates leveraging the power of ArcGIS.
- Provide leadership for product design aspects to assure our products are simple to use and deliver a great experience for customers
- Leverage domain expertise to help build the best solutions
- Configure ArcGIS applications and tools for domain-specific uses
- Work closely with Software Development, Sales, and Technical Marketing teams to define and develop solution templates and applications
- Collaborate with the team to define deliverables and manage schedule and releases
- Develop relationships with users and industry experts to continually get feedback and maintain domain expertise
- Continually assess product quality and release readiness
- Experience in homeland security/emergency management at the federal, state, or local government level
- Understanding of emergency management and operations processes, including familiarity with the National Response Plan (NRP), National Incident Management System (NIMS), and Incident Command System (ICS); specific knowledge of Emergency Support Functions (ESFs) as they relate to operations and planning as outlined in the NRP
- Excellent applied domain knowledge from theory to practice, including workflows, technology, and barriers to innovation
- A confident team leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills for understanding root cause of technical issues and identifying a way forward
- Hands-on experience using and implementing GIS software such as ArcGIS
- Five or more years of experience in a product support, product testing, or consulting environment
- Bachelor's in GIS, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level (master’s preferred)
- Experience with risk assessment, mitigation, and preparedness processes such as Vulnerability Assessment Team participation or Critical Infrastructure Protection planning
- Experience with critical incident management responsibilities such as homeland security mission specialist, Continuity of Operations planning, or Defense Liaison to Civil Operations
- Web application and mobile application experience
- Experience with the Agile development process
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top