Documentation Lead - Solutions
Do you have a passion to help GIS users apply the latest technology? We need your expertise to design, write, and certify Help content for ArcGIS. Join the team that collaborates to evolve the geographic approach for how GIS professionals apply ArcGIS to make a difference in their work. The ArcGIS platform is used by millions of people worldwide and enables them to apply intelligent online maps to support their work in businesses, governments, and communities everywhere. The documentation and websites for ArcGIS provide crucial guidance to successfully apply GIS across a variety of settings and communities.
- Coordinate with authors and the Solutions team to deliver high quality help and documentation in multiple formats
- Determine solution deliverables and schedules for product documentation and multiple websites
- Work with development teams and content providers to establish and meet deadlines and prepare source documents for translation
- Import localized content into a content management system (CMS); export and package content for handoff to vendors
- Oversee the development of publishers and use those publishers to generate installed content and web content
- Test final formatted documents to ensure quality standards have been met; develop QA reporting and tracking
- Work with web development and operations teams, software development and solutions teams, project managers, vendors, and international distributors
- Stay up to date with new technologies and trends in the web design space
- Communicate all present and foreseeable project issues to program manager
- Follow rigid internal certification processes, standards, and policies
- Minimum of two to five years of documentation and technical writing experience
- Working knowledge of the software development process and product release
- Experience with project management processes and software such as Scrum, BaseCamp, SharePoint, and Action Method
- Experience with industry-standard technologies such as HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, HTML5, PDF, HTMLHelp, and CHM
- Experience with content management systems such as SDL Trisoft (LiveContent), GitHub, and Sitecore
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to hold others accountable
- Strong problem-solving skills with an interest in finding, diagnosing, and repairing issues
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with strong multi-tasking ability
- Bachelor’s in a related field (technical writer, journalism); master’s in a related field preferred and may be substituted for experience
- Experience with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Knowledge of GIS and/or computer science field
- Defect management, defect reporting, and defect metrics experience
- QA experience (both functional testing and linguistic verification)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top